cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Singularity Functions and Statically Indeterminate Beams

Mazda
1-Newbie

Singularity Functions and Statically Indeterminate Beams

I have been working on defining singularity/discontinuity functions so that I can plot statically indeterminate beams by inputting the loadings in terms the of dirac delta or unit step (on/off functionality) etc. I would like to work through a few details/issues with anyone who has had some success in this venue.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Mazda)

Scott,

To gain a wider audience it might be better posting a worksheet or creating a document so people can comment. When you create a document people can post comments, but not edit the worksheet.

Mike

wayne
3-Visitor
(To:Mazda)

Sott,

The impuse functions in Mathcad don't really work very well for what you are doing.

It is better to provide your own function. I have provided and exerpt from something I am working on, that should help in this regard.

This method does not address indeterminacy, you still need to apply boundary conditions and solve equations, but for the equations over the span of the beam it is a great method, and it is what I use.

Top Tags