cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Smoothlet [jmG & SSR]

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Smoothlet [jmG & SSR]

jmG

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

Jean,

Nice worksheet.

Can you expalin the reason/use for the function "RangeVar(a,b,npts)".

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Jean,

Nice worksheet.

Can you expalin the reason/use for the function "RangeVar(a,b,npts)".

Mike

"Nice work sheet", thanks [most appreciated]. A valuable tool to save. If you have Matlab, the fit will be a bit different and we don't have the equivalent "SplineSmooth" in Mathcad, except this one which is as good or better but no so automated . Richard and myself have reported Planet PTC had burned the Mathcad collab Alexandria library, this one from Robert got burned too unless collected. The range variable is faster for quick plot though for the spline first plot is is not necessary . If you remember our discussion about "scalar" [a while ago], the derivative does take only scalar thus needed for the 2nd derivative graph. I have Matlab but not installed. Would be curious if it can export a function [not a resident function, a function transportable to other software]. Theodore Budapest is a piece of gold for me and those using, it gets rid of the cfft, CFFT bug [bug or insufficiency].

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Just as you posted your reply I noticed that you used the "RangeVar(a,b,npts)" function to create your quick plot in the "2D plotting a single value...?" thread.

Cheers for the explanation

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Theodore Budapest is a piece of gold for me and those using, it gets rid of the cfft, CFFT bug [bug or insufficiency].

We already discussed this. As I pointed out before, there is no bug. It's a figment of your imagination.

Top Tags