cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

So now what next with Mathcad Prime 1.0?

CarlosVillaseño
1-Newbie

So now what next with Mathcad Prime 1.0?

I'm desirous to make test about all the worksheets that I developed with the original and essential mathcad components, as all the colleagues think this beta version is not able to read an operate any previous version files, so there is no much to test. I have read many feedbacks along these days on the MCP 1.0 forum and I don't read any PTC executive feedback that give us a hope or notice about if PTC is taking strong note about the excellent points that all the colleagues have made about how the new mathcad version must be, or if they are taking serious developing directions about to reinstate all the essential features, because we need a new improved software and we need it now, not within 2 or 3 or 5 years when the old MC14 will only runs on a virtual machine or on a second boot with an old OS. Before I think that somebody will take this problem like an opportunity to offer software to replace mathcad (http://en.smath.info/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=131), even more if that software can read and operate previous versions files.
So I would like to know what PTC think about the very possible Mathcad Prime unsuccessful with his current poor functionality. I insist over and over, please apologies about that but please don't kill this valuable software. Mathcad as is can give unlimited benefits.
4 REPLIES 4

I have believed in MathCAD since its inception.
However, I must admit that I see no point in
spending any time past the tutorial. That is,
not one of the files I have tested produce any
substantial results.

I will be standing by, faithfully of course,
until the next beta-release.

In the meantime, let us enjoy our current
version of Mathcad.

Keep the faith 🙂

Sincerely,

Julio C. Banks, MSME, P.E.

Agreed. Excel is currently more useful.

After you wrote that I thought for a second and you are right! For my data/processing Excel is a more appropriate tool compared to the current Beta.

That said - it is only a Beta, not a release cantidate so I'm holding off on total judgement until I see the final version.

Philip

On 8/31/2009 5:32:05 PM, pleitch wrote:

>
>That said - it is only a Beta, not a
>release cantidate so I'm holding off on
>total judgement until I see the final
>version.

Other software I use and Beta test uses a different approach. The final Beta test is said to be "final" when testers think that is good enough to ship (they would use it as is, or damn close). Only then do they fix a few other bugs and release the software.

Prime is nowhere near this status.

Top Tags