cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Still no second y-axis?

jdefiore
1-Newbie

Still no second y-axis?

I thought this was promised for Prime 3.0? Need this badly for gain/phase plot, one of the prime reasons I use MATHCAD. Will there be a 3.1 update or something like that with a second Y-Axis? Or am I missing some way to add a second Y axis?

(When I press F1 for help I get the following, so I can't check the help file)

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/index.jspx

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.io.File.(Unknown Source) at com.arbortext.dmc.consumer.tool.Utils.getConsumerUserHome(Utils.java:16) at com.arbortext.dmc.consumer.update.UpdateManager.(UpdateManager.java:111) at com.arbortext.dmc.consumer.update.UpdateManager.getUpdateManager(UpdateManager.java:98) at com.arbortext.dmc.consumer.servletfilter.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:86) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088) 

Thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5

John DeFiore wrote:

I thought this was promised for Prime 3.0? Need this badly for gain/phase plot, one of the prime reasons I use MATHCAD. Will there be a 3.1 update or something like that with a second Y-Axis? Or am I missing some way to add a second Y axis?

I fear no, there is no second ordinate axis. I know that Mona (unfortunately she is no longer at PTC) thought it would be scheduled for Prime 3 (http://communities.ptc.com/message/177587#177587), but obviously development department decided otherwise. I have the impression that PTC had strongly underestimated the effort and ressources necessary to put Mathcad in a new garment and is still doing so. And as so often marketing department makes the rules and so we have Prime 0.3 called Prime 3.0 :-(.

I guess all those issues with 2D and 3D plots are now scheduled for P4 next year.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

there is not way to add a legend to plots. i feel we are paying ptc to re-invent the wheel. for all the maintenance fees i have paid, there has been no improvement ove mathcad v15. in fact ptc has gone backwards.

Wow, I paid for "support" out of my own pocket based on Mona's promise that Prime 3.0 would have a second Y- Axis. I've been paying for Mathcad upgrades for 20+ years since the DOS days, but now I'm finally thinking that I'll just stick with Mathcad 15 as long as it works, then move on to alternate solutions.

I really need to show gain and phase on the same plot, that's what my customers want to see, and that's what makes it easy for me to show gain and phase margin. Sorry that Prime 3.0 still can't do this.

John

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:jdefiore)

any experience with mathematica? i am think of learning a new program at 60.

I have no experience with Mathematica, but I know people who like it. Maybe it's worth checking out.....

Top Tags