cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Structural Design to Eurocodes

philthurlow
1-Newbie

Structural Design to Eurocodes

There was some discussion previously (I think in 2001) on this topic. Eurocodes are now obligatory in European civil / structural engineering. There is a publication 'Structural Timber Design to Eurocode 5' by Jack Porteous and Abdy Kermani, which includes many MathCad examples (available on disc for a small fee, after purchase of the book). Does anyone know of any other sources of Eurocode compliant design files, particularly for materials other than timber?

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:philthurlow)

This sounds to be a good opportunity for the Knovel folks to get out and create such a package. It will proably need Mona to feed this thread to them so that they can make a good offer to the likes of Porteus and Kermani to make a paid for e-book.

Philip

According to Eurocode 3 (Steel design) you can find hundreds of PDF files with design examples, design theory and design flowcharts (unfortunately not in Mathcad language) on site http://project.access-steel.com/Content/Content.htm .

I've downloaded them and collect for my purposes into four PDF files:

Design Flowcharts (originally made in Microsoft Visio) - ca 100 pages

Design Examples - ca 500 pages

Design Theory (NCCI & Scheme Development) - ca 500 pages

Case Studies - ca 500 pages

So... as you see, there are a lot of informations to transfer steel design problems by Eurocode into Mathcad Worksheets.

BTW

On Access-Steel site, PDF files could be generate in few languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Czech or Polish depending on your choose.

Attached are Flow Charts packed into RAR type file.

Jerzy

Thanks for this info Jerzy.

Top Tags