cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

UDX2 fit

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

UDX2 fit

Can't reply to the BLOg Comments",

can't then NOT repost work sheet !

MCADfit_6.gif

Boston Dan doing nothing to scrap

the Blog" Comments"

6 REPLIES 6

Jean, I'm not sure of what you mean. What blog comments should I scrap?

If this type of "Document" is not reserved to special account it will be a dead end for ordinary users because it does not allow any kind of attachment.

It seems reserved to peoples exchanging "acknowledge, thanks, fine,,,," It might be fine for PTC to share a work sheet and not want any correction or suggestion .

It's up to the member that posted the original document whether he wants others to collaborate on his worksheet.

CollaborationOptions.png

Perhaps this member just wants to share a worksheet and is not looking for corrections.

Thanks Dan for that detail.

The conclusion is: those having use this way to "pseudo-collaborate"

they have used the default setup. It might be an interesting feature,

but regarding the nature of the visit for Mathcad ???

I understand Mona posting some PTC work sheet for no comment

but there again, PTC work sheets aren't so miraculous !

The non sense of this "pseudo-collaborate" is that for a reply ,

i.e: the corrected work sheet, it forces the corrector to rethread.

The risk is a dead end to a visit.

I certainly cannot speak for every Mathcad community member but I suspect some use PlanetPTC Community differently than yourself.

Some may post their worksheet because they are proud of their work and want to show it off. Others post worksheets because they cannot find a solution and turn to the community for the collaborative experience.

There is room for both personas in this community and I ask that everyone treats them both with the utmost professionalism.

You are just saying that one of the system is for "proud Mathcaders" and the other one for ordinary visitors requesting for help. I have suggested a " per collab data base" where eventually each one "proud Mathcader" [as you say] could put his collection, and thus be easy to glance for either and both: visitors and originator. A sort of repository like Mathsoft had for years.

Top Tags