cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Unable to Insert a Picture

ptc-2486247
1-Newbie

Unable to Insert a Picture

In MathCAD 14, I am unable to insert a picture. Insertion thumbnail within Matrix Toolbar and Menu/Insert/Picture dropdown menu generate an area in which I can write the path of the wanted picture, with the needed ". When I click out of the created box, the picture is not loaded. Only a text box is still diplayed with the text of the picture path "C:\..." Is there a setting I missed?
10 REPLIES 10
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2486247)

Have you downloaded and applied any service releases? If not, that's the first thing to do. Richard

First of all, thank you for such a quick reply. I have the release: Mathcad 14.0 M020 (14.0.2.5 [802141434]) installed on my machine. Its install is a standard one, common for all Engineers within my Company. Do I need to update any pack?
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

That's the latest release. Can you post a worksheet as an example. Don't worry about the fact that I don't have the image file. Richard

Nice to read that the release is the latest one! Attached are the requested files: -A mathcad file example. -A simple test picture to be inserted. Both are localy stored within the same subfolder: C:\Temp\ Julien
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

When you insert the picture (but before you type anything into any placeholder), what do you see? You should have a rectangular box with a placeholder at the bottom left. Richard

The rectangular box looks like a text region more than a Picture box (that I used to see in previous releases).
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It should look the same as it did in earlier versions. If you click outside the region before typing anything you should still be able to see the red, empty, placeholder. If it's an empty text region (which you could also get by typing ") clicking outside the region will make it disappear. If it doesn't disappear, could you post another worksheet with the empty placeholder in it. Richard

After clicking outside the region before typing anything, the placeholder looks like an empty text region. I attached the requested file. The regions has been highlighted for you easier reading.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

That's an empty math region, not an empty text region. It looks like it can't insert the picture component correctly. Can you insert other components OK, such as 3D graphs and controls? I think that either your installation of Mathcad is corrupted (try repairing it) or the prerequisites are not installed correctly. Richard

Hi, I had the same problem...I was very confused but I found the solution... the problem is the format of the image..if you used "jpg" it isn't problem but if you used "bmp",like my case, you can have two or more formats of "bmp" file. You should be care with this. You should use "256 colours" format, you can see this by opnening the file in "paint" and save as "type of file 256 colours". I hope that these comments are useful.

Regards

Top Tags