cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Units of independent variable in a function in mathcad prime 3.0

esaliba
1-Newbie

Units of independent variable in a function in mathcad prime 3.0

I recently purchased mathcad prime 3.0 and was wondering how to define the units on the independent variable of a function with out defining a specific number for the variable. For example,

if I had the function f(x)=x^2, and I wanted x to be in seconds, how would I tell that to mathcad?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

sec.png

Thanks for the quick response! So what it does is when I add the seconds and then subtract the seconds, it assumes that x must be in seconds? Is that correct?

Yes, it is!

One more example:

pi.png

Mathcad checks units, and works where it can to make them balance. So when Valery put "sec-sec" into the definition for y(), it told Mathcad that x better have the units of time. (Note x no longer needs to be seconds, just time.) The output will be time squared, and Mathcad will adjust the number to match the unit. (You can ask the output to be any unit you want, Mathcad will add units to make the result balance to time squared.

Thanks, Fred!

We can write a good book on Mathcad - my pictures, your texts

Thanks everyone for the answers! I have been trying to figure that out since I got it!

Top Tags