cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Units problems

aalali
1-Newbie

Units problems

Hey guys. I have units problems when i use protencies and square roots. Can someone explain how i can solve this problem? for instance in the attached file i should have kN instead i get no units.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:aalali)

If you provide additional information about the equation you're using, you might get better responses.

Here's an attempt:

and another:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

What are the units of the cube root of pressure?

Mathcad is also complaining because your units aren't consistent, pressure and the cube root of pressure.

If you delete the first term in the parenthesis (get rid of the cube root,) then pressure times area will give you force

Cant i somehow manipulate with it so it gives me the right unit`?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Ali Al Ali wrote:

Cant i somehow manipulate with it so it gives me the right unit`?

Yes, assign correct units to your constants.

Admittedly this could be sometimes difficult, especially with empiric formulas.

Don't know if this would make any sense but in your case You could write 100 MPa and 0.002 MPa to get the result you expect.

Or you could simply type 35 MPa^3 .

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

If you provide additional information about the equation you're using, you might get better responses.

Here's an attempt:

and another:

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

What is the source of your formula?  Where did it come from?  What do the 100 and 0.002 stand for?

Cube root of pressure... Maybe it is connected with stress intensity factor?

Top Tags