cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Valutazione simbolica Mathcad 15 M045

fgozzani
1-Newbie

Valutazione simbolica Mathcad 15 M045

Good morning,

I recently downloaded the trial version Mathcad 15 M045. This is the problem:

when it evaluates a symbolically expression i have to insert "->->". Why ? Thanks a lot

M045.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

-> is one operator fpr symbolical evaluation.

You have dot a derivative!

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:fgozzani)

Hello! you   could do with undefined coefficients so as well :

pderiv.jpg

The problem is the combination of assigning the result to a variable/function and the constants A,B,C, D not defined which makes the numerics cry.

If you don't assign  it works

If you assign and provide the constants as function arguments to make the numerics happy it works, too

Its an annoying behavior and I was not aware of your workaround using 2 symbolic evaluations in a row

Another way to cope with it is to evaluate additionally in an extra region

and you may even omit the first symbolic evaluation

WE

After the symbolic calculation you can replace the arrow sign on a equal sign (right-click on the solution and then select "View Evaluation As" --> "Equal sign"):

Pic_1.png

Thanks for your answers.

In the old versions of Mathcad I just had to write "v(s)" instead "v(s,A,B,C,D)".

I don't get why that's changed.

I add a screenshot of the old version.

Schermata 2016-06-20 alle 19.25.48.png

> In the old versions of Mathcad I just had to write "v(s)"

The same applies to newer Mathcad versions - your expressions works the very same. Only difference is that you don't see the derivative (sometimes, when you move the regions around, you can even manage to make it visible - strange effect).

I don''t know when and how this behavior was changed - maybe when Maple was replaced by muPad in version 14, maybe earlier when the catastrophic version 12 saw light.

You have a couple of easy workarounds at hand if you insist on seeing the derivative and so I would call it a minor annoyance.

Wanna see a big annoyance? - Look at Prime. 😞

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:fgozzani)

undefined constants and unit of measure.jpg

pderiv.jpg

Top Tags