cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Web Controls stop functionality?

JohnHinman
1-Newbie

Web Controls stop functionality?

I'm playing with some web controls (list boxes and radio buttons) in a fairly extensive worksheet. I've found that some of the normal editing functions freeze up now. For example, I can put the cursor in a text region and can enter text, but cannot move the cursor with the arrow keys and cannot backspace to delete a character.

Is this a function of the web controls? What am I doing that causes this?

If I'm posting this in the wrong part of the forum pleae let me know.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Version of Mathcad and Windows?

I'm using MathCAD 14.0 (14.0.3.332), under Windows 7

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:JohnHinman)

You should download and apply the latest service release, which is either M030 (do not get M035!!!) or M020, depending on whether you have a maintenance contract or you are a single user. That will fix a lot of bugs.

I do have M030. Still have issues with the editing functions locking up.

I've noticed that the Web controls really slow the computation down. Perhaps the issue is that the worksheet needs to recalculate before it can allow some types of edits.

Hello John

I've noticed the same peculiar behavior. I have some fairly long MC sheet (MC 14 and MC15) with web controls and sometimes the computation simply stops. I can tell because I have some text boxes that should change their background colour when a certain threshold is exceeded.

What (sometimes) helps is to restart MathCad.

This issue should be addressed in MathCad Prime !!!

Raiko

Re-starting helps. The issue returns, though, and continual stopping and re-starting is an awkward work-around.

I did notice this morning that, when staritng my worksheet, I received an error message stating that two regions could not be read. Of course I have no idea which regions or why, or whether this is related to the original issue.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Raiko)

If the text boxes change color depending on the value those must be scripted components, not web controls (which cannot be programmed in any way).

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:RichardJ)

Richard

true, but this is only the most prominent feature by which I notice that something's wrong.

I've noticed this kind of "freezing" with all kinds of MathCad controls specifically when the worksheet is large. However, web controls are notoriously ticklish and I try to avoid them.

Raiko

I've seen this sometimes when I exit an embedded control (Excel, specifically). Sometimes clicking a second time in the Mathcad sheet will fix things and I regain functionality. Sometimes - as you mentioned - you have to restart the program.

Is it from one of the company templates?

Preston

We use in Russia (and in China too - 1 500 000 000 potential Mathcad users) in digits not piont but comma: not p := 10.5°C but p := 10,5°C.

Customs of my Mathcad Server can input in digits points or commas - what thay would like!

Try for example

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/VPU_Book_New/mas/index.html

I do it by help Text Web Controls!

We use in Russia (and in China too - 1 500 000 000 potential Mathcad users) in digits not piont but comma:

China uses a point, not a comma. Wikipedia has a nice map showing who uses what:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

Top Tags