cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Where was the shot?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Where was the shot?

Several cities have installed arrays of microphones and use the time delay of the sound of a gunshot to triangulate the location where the shot was fired.  After several months of stumbling around I managed to get Prime Express to do this calculation.  (In my previous life a solve block would have made the job simpler.)

So let me crow a bit!  Prime 4 Express attached.

3 REPLIES 3
FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Dear Fred, I have a question for you which is not related to your worksheet. I noticed you have extensively trialed Maple Flow. Would it be much trouble to give your experience with that software? I am especially interested in strong and weak points compared against MC15.

Thanks in advance! Filip

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:FDS)

Maple Flow (IMHO) will be a strong competitor for Mathcad Prime very shortly.  It's still in development stages, and they're still working out some bugs, but they are working hard.  With the entire capability of Maple in hand they should soon surpass even MC15 in capability.

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Thank you, Fred, for your swift reply. It looks to me as probably the best choice to replace my MC15 in the near future.

Top Tags