cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

YES, I would join a Mathcad group

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

YES, I would join a Mathcad group

Two details first:

1. Last night I made Google Chrome my default browser. Planet PTC didn't logged me in this morning . Whether PTC had changed things during the night or differently compatible with Goggle Chrome ... Don't know. Interesting and gorgeous is that as I type this message, [Aug, 09, 10:33] the spell check does check and no need to click on the spell check like yesterday and since I registered. a fine feature, thanks Google chrome or PTC.

2. Dan has replied to me, in this forum, that if I was receiving e-mail notification, i.e: the-mail duplicate of the collab, that was because something made it so in my profile. I couldn't find the box to uncheck in that all site mess. So, I still receive e-mail notification. It does not bother me much because I visit my mail box once every or so many months. All that was in line with Tom's comment about "spams". Dan [Boston Dan] has certified in this forum that all members e-mail was private confidential and so on , OK. Unfortunately, this is not so. read me slow, word by word. Then and because either Google chrome or new PTC log in, I had to get my new community password ... via my mail box. Open my mail box and checked 4 collabs e-mail, simply a duplicate of what they had posted in the forum. Guess what ... I chekhed Richard, Mike, Mona, Steen, John ,,,,,,,, Steen, Mona, Mike I don't have their e-mail as expected confidential. But I have Richard e-mail, and John e-mail. My point is there conclusively: if I would be an e-mail collector for spam purpose, I could invade Richard and John. This web community looks accessible to any humanoid in earth, if so "accessible to any humanoid in earth" and setting the e-mail notification, any person a bit educated could ask a question and get replies then some private e-mail for spamming. Boston Dan is as much error as being in religion when trusting the design of this Planet PTC.

What Mathcad group I would join ?

Clear enough from what Mona and Mathcad Staff last night posting in version 15, that the intention of this community is to outphase Mathcad-Mathsoft versions [11 and previous]. Clearer is that by using the "Document group" like Mona and Mathcad staff did , the poster does not want reply about the material because the "Document group" does not allows attaching the revised work sheet or simply a presentable work sheet. The document group is for simple comments like: "Thanks" ... "will be helpful" or the opposite "useless", "errors", "obsolete". The New Mathcad group I'm proposing would be a group for enterprises who don't care Mathcad-MuPad PTC versions. The new group could be called "Mathcad-Mathsoft" [Mathcad 11 and lower versions]. There will be no risk of piling questions about Excel and the likes. Mathcad-Mathsoft users aren't newbies, they would only share or have valid help visit.

Resume: my suggestion for a new group

"Mathcad 11 & earlier versions"

jmG

5 REPLIES 5

Jean,

1. If you don't want to receive email notifications from a particular discussion, then click on one of the Forums, such as Mathcad Usage, and look at the panel to the right. Under the heading, Notifications, choose Stop Email Notifications. You can also select Stop Following this community.

Then you should not receive a notification every time someone posts to that forum.

If you want to receive notices every time someone posts, then click on Receive Email Notification.

2. I don't know what you mean by phasing out Mathcad 11. Of course, we want users to upgrade and use the latest version. That's what we do here, fix bugs and add new features, which means new versions of Mathcad. But no one is preventing users from posting worksheets in older versions.

3. I've been copying worksheets and E-books from the online Mathcad Resource Center, so they are all available in one easily searchable place. These are worksheets submitted by users or created by Mathcad staff for the PTC Express. If a user wants comments on a worksheet, then they can be posted under discussions.

Mona

Guest2
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

I am unable to find the Resource Center on the PTC-Site.

It was hard to find in former times anyway, but now the link opens up this formum and not the promised Center.

Are PTC-People breaking all they can get their hands on?

Jean,

1. If you don't want to receive email notifications from a particular discussion, then click on one of the Forums, such as Mathcad Usage, and look at the panel to the right. Under the heading, Notifications, choose Stop Email Notifications. You can also select Stop Following this community.

Then you should not receive a notification every time someone posts to that forum.

If you want to receive notices every time someone posts, then click on Receive Email Notification.

2. I don't know what you mean by phasing out Mathcad 11. Of course, we want users to upgrade and use the latest version. That's what we do here, fix bugs and add new features, which means new versions of Mathcad. But no one is preventing users from posting worksheets in older versions.

3. I've been copying worksheets and E-books from the online Mathcad Resource Center, so they are all available in one easily searchable place. These are worksheets submitted by users or created by Mathcad staff for the PTC Express. If a user wants comments on a worksheet, then they can be posted under discussions.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Guest2)

Guest2 wrote:

I am unable to find the Resource Center on the PTC-Site.

It was hard to find in former times anyway, but now the link opens up this formum and not the promised Center.

See this thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/151575#151575

The online Mathcad Resource Center used to be linked from the Mathcad Support page. I'll ask to have that link restored.

Mona

Thanks a lot, Richard!

To Mona: I don't think the link was at the mathcad-support page ever. This is the place I would have looked at first. Rather the link used to be hidden under Product/Mathcad then lower right Additional Resources and then the last link (PTC-kind usability, a nightmare).

I just wonder why, while I am typing this reply, I only see just two lines of the text I am typing. Meaning a lot of scrolling to go through the just written text. Can't find Iway to change this.

[Edited:] Sorry, I just found the grip to resize the edit window. It was past the right border of my screen and I didn't thought of horizontal scrolling.

Regards

Top Tags