cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

altering units in worksheet

mdewolff-2
2-Guest

altering units in worksheet

Could some kind and gentile soul explain to me (one more time) the ins and outs of units, altering default units in a particular worksheet and/or setting preferred units in Mathcad prime 3.0

My calculations don't come out right or they don't look right (WYSIWYG) for the human eye. I have problems with the definition of inertia. I attached some offending parts from my main calculation file.

Thanks maurits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Obviously you will have to provide the proper unit for c (195).

Not sure, but could it be that you are looking for something like this:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Obviously you will have to provide the proper unit for c (195).

Not sure, but could it be that you are looking for something like this:

Now Mathcad knows what to do but the untrained human reading these lines does not. I suppose I could circumvent this by adding a little textbox explaining to the reader what unit 195 μm really stands for.

I would like to be able to script a specific worksheet. So that "195" or "195mm" automatically puts out the right form and the correct numbers. Can I add a script somewhere for let's say "I-angular.momentum" so Mathcad knows I want kg.m2? And "Ï-surface.momentum" which would produce mm4?

Options in the upper left corner don't seem to let me do just that. How would I script Mathcad?

Top Tags