cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

can i control the inside function Minimize?

赵亚军
1-Newbie

can i control the inside function Minimize?

i have asked many questions about this function,and still can't solve my problem.

we all know that the inside function Minimize can solve multi-objective parameter optimization cases,but my problem is that the data and the parameters are so much that it takes very long time to finish the calculation.one of my worksheet has calculated for more than two weeks,and still hasn't finished.maybe,the value of objective function changes very little,and i want to control the calculrtion.

my questions are:

1. do anybody have the program of minimize function?
  2. can i know the inside variable,such as the step length and the number of times of Iteration?
  3. can i change the step length or times of iteration,such as change TOL and CTOL?
  4. when the Minimize is calculating, can i stop it,and let it display the result?

these problems have confused me a long time.

i will appreciate it very much if you could help me.

2 REPLIES 2

键 张 wrote:

i have asked many questions about this function,and still can't solve my problem.

we all know that the inside function Minimize can solve multi-objective parameter optimization cases,but my problem is that the data and the parameters are so much that it takes very long time to finish the calculation.one of my worksheet has calculated for more than two weeks,and still hasn't finished.maybe,the value of objective function changes very little,and i want to control the calculrtion.

my questions are:

1. do anybody have the program of minimize function?
  2. can i know the inside variable,such as the step length and the number of times of Iteration?
  3. can i change the step length or times of iteration,such as change TOL and CTOL?
  4. when the Minimize is calculating, can i stop it,and let it display the result?

these problems have confused me a long time.

i will appreciate it very much if you could help me.

I have one - see http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-2536

i have studied the GA method,and tested it two,the result is better than the minimize function.i believe this two step method is good as well.but,in my case,my parameter is a matrix,and the parameters have constraint,such as some of them are constant equal to 0,or inequality constraints,i have tried to improve the program so that it can be used to my work,bu i failed. wish for your help.

Top Tags