cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

can not get data extension pack to work

TerryKoen
1-Newbie

can not get data extension pack to work

My computer was atacked by malicious software. I went through the process ofremoving it and reinstalling Mathcad 14 including the datapack handbook. Everything came back except the functions for the Data Analusis Extension Pack. I get this error message bad_assembly_name.
Can anyone help me figure out how to restore these functions?

TOK
6 REPLIES 6

On 1/28/2010 5:49:29 AM, teamkoen wrote:
>My computer was atacked by
>malicious software.
>...
>TOK

One out of 10 messages contains malicious coding.
It is expected to increase to about all messages.

jmG

It sounds like you did not fully reinstall the data analysis pack, or the license for it, so the functions for it are not working.

Did you purchase the data analysis extension pack separately? If so, reinstall it. Also look for the license to turn on the functionality.

If you need more help and are a single user, try contacting technical support at http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_contacts.htm.

Mona

I purchased the extension pack at the same time as upgrading to MCAD 14. I tried reinstalling several times, even fron CD. I also tried to go to the website but did not see where to contact for single users. I tried logging a ticket and got to the PTC login which came back and said I do not have the rights.
What else can I try?
TOK

Look in "Release Notes for Mathcad 14", in the file \Mathcad\Mathcad 14\doc\relnotes.htm:

Problems fixed in Mathcad 14 M011

Enterprise users who upgrade from Mathcad 14.0 to Mathcad 14 M010, and call a function from any of the four Extension Packs get the error message "bad_assembly_name."

Then try to reinstall the upgrade M011, if not sucess, try to contact mathcad but now with this other information. Maybe with this catch their attention.

Regards. Alvaro.

Single users can install maintenance release M020 from http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm.

It sounds like Alvaro caught your problem and the maintenance release will fix it.

Mona

Thank you Mona and Alvaro
I first upgraded to M011 then M020. I removed then reinstalled the data analysis extension pack. I also ran the enable extension pack exe and it worked.
BTW I had to upgrade to inernet explorer 8 to get the colbaratory to work
TOK
Top Tags