cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

cascade

ptc-1218903
1-Newbie

cascade

Hi,
In the attached sheet I have three normal distributed variables (S1_data,S2_data and S3_data).Think this as gain flatness in a system with three blocks. Trying to get the cascaded gain flatness by adding them together with N samples.
In real world, flatness of one stage will be opposite to another stage and cancel. How to modify the equation for "Total" to have this.Basically, I want to multiply S1_data, S2_data and S3_data with a random vector with elements of -1 or +1.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

>Think this as gain flatness in a system with three blocks<<br> ________________________

What is gain "flatness" in real world ?
Do you mean some kind of filtering, smoothing ...?
Always good idea to make a work sheet presentable !!!

jmG

Hi,
Thanks.
This is related to filters.
In your reply, Total =x+y+z. Here, I am doing a Montecarlo analysis and see the effect on "Total".I want to create random vector with -1 and + 1 as values, multiply with x, multily with y and multiplu with z and add together to get "Total". Hope I explained it ...
Thanks

On 9/22/2009 5:48:00 PM, leyo123 wrote:
>Hi,
>Thanks.
>This is related to filters.
>In your reply, Total =x+y+z.
>Here, I am doing a Montecarlo
>analysis and see the effect on
>"Total".I want to create
>random vector with -1 and + 1
>as values, multiply with x,
>mustily with y and multiply
>with z and add together to get
>"Total". Hope I explained it
>...
>Thanks

You seem to pretend that by manipulating 3 data sets in your own taste, the result of the manipulation will be one more reliable or "smoother" ... maybe. But, there is no big logic in simple arithmetic manipulations. There are plenty of referenced and traceable smoothing techniques ... ksmooth, exponential just to name some common ones.
Do + in the work sheet, abstract. Making yourself understood will attract interest and might result in some kind of tool if not already existing. How many wild data sets do you expect ? Maybe your project falls in the PCA category [Principal Component Analysis].

jmG

Do you mean something like one of the two possibilities in the attached?

stv
Top Tags