cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

chain delete bug, nothing done, not acknowledged

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

chain delete bug, nothing done, not acknowledged

No detail is needed because ignored by PTC,

let it go ... hide and seek in the sand.

jmG

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

jean Giraud wrote:

jmG

Jean,

Was you really expecting PTC to solve or even listen to our moans????

This morning has been my worst experience on this site so far. Refused to be logged in, bad gateway reply, lost posts........etc.

What is going on with this site?

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

jean Giraud wrote:

jmG

Jean,

Was you really expecting PTC to solve or even listen to our moans????

This morning has been my worst experience on this site so far. Refused to be logged in, bad gateway reply, lost posts........etc.

What is going on with this site?

Mike

Mike,

One day we have to go to that place in London where people shout in the blue in a tribune. Trust me, I will re-cannon tomatoes twice as fast . Dan is doing his best for the worst ... I cried for a better spell check, at least not inferior to Akiva. Guess what: now the spell check offers no more words !!! For how much does Oxford dictionary sells if it has only the front and back covers ? I can see myself asking for that two pages dictionary with plenty of explanation what it looks like and the content ... the man telling me : Oh ! I know what you mean sir, sorry I have sold the last one yesterday !

You know what is a happy day ?

Maggy shouting to Art [across the street chatting with his friend]

Art , we won a million dollars !

Art jumps across the street , gets killed by a car ...

Maggy: I didn't have time to enjoy a good day, but now plenty of time to enjoy a better day !!!

Jean

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jeanGiraud)

Probably because it hasn't been adequately described.

The real bug:

If I choose to delete only my post, but keep the replies, I get this:

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/4798/The+real+chain+delete+bug.gif

I tried this multiple times, so it's not just a one time hang up of the forum.

I can delete the post and all the replies with no problem though.

This is a very bad bug, because it means that if someone wants to delete a post the only option they have is to delete everyone else's posts at the same time! What is needed is exactly the opposite: a user can NEVER delete someone else's posts!

Richard,

Your explanation, your logic is same as we all have. But this web community maybe forced by law or regulation to enable a user to delete not only his own message but those related to, just to avoid unsolicited or otherwise coded information that might relate to whatever you can imagine: pedophilia, terrorism, drug traffic ...etc. Dan has not directly replied if he can or can't fix, why it's not fixed, when ...etc. Remember the "code cracking", I was the only one putting a lot and finally removed all superfluous replies, that was so fine . It may be otherwise also, there is a high % of collabs desiring to remove some of the non pertinent replies because they don't apply anymore and so on, then if for instance 10 collabs shout about a Mathcad bug [per say], there is a high chance that I would want to remove my incorrect assistance, thus removing a lot makes the bug much smaller.

Top Tags