cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

change value by relation or any other logical function.

ptc-4958059
1-Newbie

change value by relation or any other logical function.

hello all,

i want a help from u all.

I want to give a relation to a parameter which converts a value to the next higher integer value.

e.g i want to change a value of 132.5568 to next higher value of 135 by relation or any other logical function.

Please help me,

Regards,

kashyap

12 REPLIES 12

The next higher integer value in your example would be 133, not 135 😉

But I guess Round() or Ceil() (note the uppercase initial letter) is what you are looking for:

23.05.png

this is not the correct answer.

this thing is not solving my problem.

Do you mean something more like this:

index.PNG

Alan

thank you,

no this is too much complicated.

let me know that how i can do this in one easy step or relation function.

KASHYAP LIMBACHIYA wrote:

thank you,

let me know that how i can do this in one easy step or relation function.

It is difficult to provide exactly what you want, because you haven't provided enough information for us to determine exactly what that is. You should try to upload a worksheet showing the numbers you want to calculate and round up to; then we will have a better chance of supplying the function you want.

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4958059)

Too complicated?

I'm think you will struggle to get a simpler solution to what Alan provided.

I'm think you will struggle to get a simpler solution to what Alan provided.

That depends on the problem the solution is thought for. So far Kashyp continues telling us what he does not need but isn't explaining what he is in need for.

Let's see:

You asked to adjust a number to the "next higher integer value." Weerner showed you how to do that, but, "this is not the correct answer."

So the next higher integer value above 132.5 is NOT 133, it's 135? In whose school?

Alan deduced that you have selected values, but we have no clue what they are, so he showed you how to search a table of acceptable values and find the "next higher integer" in that list. But this is "too complicated."

Well, gee, we're sorry! Please see attached.

We could also use Lookup() or Match() with the modifier "geq" or "gt"

23.05.png

and of course we could turn both approaches into a more convenient user function like your ANSWER().

But possibly thats too complicated again and probably still is not solving Kashyap's problem. A problem we are not exposed to and we cannot even be sure if its a Mathcad or Prime problem at all. So since I only have very limited clairvoyant abilities I guess its time to leave this thread.

this is not the correct answer.

this thing is not solving my problem.

That may be, but its a solution to your question.

If you tell us in more detail what your problem is we might be able to provide what you are searching for.

I see that so far you posted in the Creo section, so the question is - are you really searching help for a Mathcad problem?

Thank you to you all….

Let me explain you all in detail.

Suppose that I have a parameter named “A” which value is suppose 132.56385 and I want to convert this parameter value in the multiple of 5 (means 135).

So as you all know In Microsoft excel if we do ceiling(A,5) it will give me a value of 135 , and if we do Floor(A,5) it will give value of 130.

But in Pro-e relation there is a function ceil and floor , so if I give ceil(A,5) it is giving me a value of 132.56385 (means 5 digits after decimal point) ,instead of giving me a value of 135.similarly in floor function.

So my Question is that are Microsoft excel and pro-e command of Ceiling and floor are different??????

And Now if you have got that what I want as a end result.

Can you please give me some easy and one step idea if possible?????????

Thanks in advance.

Thank you to you all….

Let me explain you all in detail.

Suppose that I have a parameter named “A” which value is suppose 132.56385 and I want to convert this parameter value in the multiple of 5 (means 135).

So as you all know In Microsoft excel if we do ceiling(A,5) it will give me a value of 135 , and if we do Floor(A,5) it will give value of 130.

But in Pro-e relation there is a function ceil and floor , so if I give ceil(A,5) it is giving me a value of 132.56385 (means 5 digits after decimal point) ,instead of giving me a value of 135.similarly in floor function.

So my Question is that are Microsoft excel and pro-e command of Ceiling and floor are different??????

And Now if you have got that what I want as a end result.

Can you please give me some easy and one step idea if possible?????????

Thanks in advance.

Werner gave you the answer for this in Mathcad. However, if you just want a formula for use in another program then try f(x)=5*floor(x/5)+5

Alan

Top Tags