cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

curve area and interp function help

uclphd
1-Newbie

curve area and interp function help

Hi,

Wish to calculate the area under a curve from a set of data, but having difficulty.

Also wish to interpolate the imported data using interp function but I get errors.

Attached is the file which I hope explains.

Many Thanks,

Omar

16 REPLIES 16
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:uclphd)

Omar Al-Omar wrote:

Wish to calculate the area under a curve from a set of data, but having difficulty.

Also wish to interpolate the imported data using interp function but I get errors.

Attached is the file which I hope explains.

Omar,

Your file doesn't appear to contain any data?

Stuart

Data for the plot ???

That's strange.

the previous attachment is mathcad11

the attached file is just the data in a newer version of matcad. Any joy seeing the data file B?

uclphd
1-Newbie

Just tried opening that B file, no data as you say. I have no idea why the data dissapears when attached here.

uclphd
1-Newbie

Ah, I used the import wizrd. Does it require to read the file from a location on my computer?

In which case how do I make the data I import "static" on the mathcad page so i can attach here?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Omar Al-Omar wrote:

Ah, I used the import wizrd. Does it require to read the file from a location on my computer?

In which case how do I make the data I import "static" on the mathcad page so i can attach here?

Can you post the file containing the data?

Hi Stuart, attached is the excell csv file with data I used for data set B in mathcad file.

Any luck?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Omar Al-Omar wrote:

Hi Stuart, attached is the excell csv file with data I used for data set B in mathcad file.

Any luck?

Don't know, Omar ... does the attached help?

Stuart

Many thanks Stuart, that helps a lot. I will study it.

Omar

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Omar Al-Omar wrote:

Is the attached of any help in using the interp function?

Stuart

Thanks for that Stuart, i will look through. Iv'e posted the B csv data file, so if you can look at the original problem I was having that would be great. Thank you.

Omar

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have no idea if this is correct, but thought I maze well post it so I can learn

Have you got the area calculated?

Mike

Cheers Mike, I will study it. Definitely more than one way to skin a cat on mathcad!

Omar

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Dan posted a link to a similar problem a while back, I'll try and dig it out.

Mike

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

Omar

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Here is the link to the thread I was talking about, might help.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/154243#154243

Mike

Top Tags