cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

find is undefined in mathcad 15

gghazi
1-Newbie

find is undefined in mathcad 15

can somebody help me please in understanding  this error message " this variable is undefined" in attached file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:gghazi)

The error messages from solve blocks are useless. There is only one: "this variable is undefined". You get that even if the problem has nothing to do with undefined variables.

In your case there are two immediate problems. First, your functions IFC1, IFC2, IFC3, IFC4 are undefined. Second, you have 8 equations but you are only solving for 5 unknowns. The number of equations must be the same as the number of unknowns.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The error messages from solve blocks are useless. There is only one: "this variable is undefined". You get that even if the problem has nothing to do with undefined variables.

In your case there are two immediate problems. First, your functions IFC1, IFC2, IFC3, IFC4 are undefined. Second, you have 8 equations but you are only solving for 5 unknowns. The number of equations must be the same as the number of unknowns.

gghazi
1-Newbie

thank you Mr.Richard Jackson for your help

I wrote only  four functions and I got at a meaningful result

Top Tags