cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

making a graph for a projectile trajectori

spedersen
1-Newbie

making a graph for a projectile trajectori

Hi there.

i am trying to graph a projectiles trajectori with air ressistance.
I have been trying to program a while loop, which for a small increment in time will figure out the X and Y coordinates of the projectile.
I think i have done that part correctly, but keep in mind i am a rookie in mathcad.
My biggest problem is thus after the loop has come to an end, how do I store the data points and graph them?
i have attached my mathcad document, any hints,points or solutions would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

I've changed your program so that it builds an array of your calculation as it goes.

Recognize that there are lots better ways to do this in Mathcad; you can create functions and use units.

Search this  web site, there have been a lot of submissions on trajectories.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:spedersen)

Simon Pedersen wrote:

Hi there.

i am trying to graph a projectiles trajectori with air ressistance.
I have been trying to program a while loop, which for a small increment in time will figure out the X and Y coordinates of the projectile.
I think i have done that part correctly, but keep in mind i am a rookie in mathcad.
My biggest problem is thus after the loop has come to an end, how do I store the data points and graph them?
i have attached my mathcad document, any hints,points or solutions would be much appreciated.

Here's another way, calculating the individual vectors within the program.  It's a lot messier than Fred' way, but is purely a method demo.  It's also (as shown) often useful to include a simpler model to test the structure of a program.

Stuart

Top Tags