cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

mathcad 15.0 14.0 compatibility

AmyBiegalski
1-Newbie

mathcad 15.0 14.0 compatibility

I downloaded a trial version of mathcad 15.0, but can't get it to open any mathcad 14.0 files. How can I do this? Thanks, Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure you downloaded Mathcad 15? We have also posted the trial version of Mathcad Prime 1.0. You can't open earlier versions of Mathcad files directly in Mathcad Prime, and need to use the converter.

As Richard wrote, Mathcad 14 files should open direcly in Mathcad 15.

Do post a file that is giving you problems.

Mona

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I am getting the error "the requested file is not a vaild mathcad XML worksheet"

The file formats in 14 and 15 are identical. Could you post the offending worksheet.

Are you sure you downloaded Mathcad 15? We have also posted the trial version of Mathcad Prime 1.0. You can't open earlier versions of Mathcad files directly in Mathcad Prime, and need to use the converter.

As Richard wrote, Mathcad 14 files should open direcly in Mathcad 15.

Do post a file that is giving you problems.

Mona

I greatly appreciate your quick replies. With the knowledge that mathcad 15 absolutely should be able to open mathcad 14 files, I figured out the files I had were corrupted. With valid mathcad 14.0 files, they opened perfectly. Many thanks!!!!

Top Tags