cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

mathcad license

IN_11034184
1-Newbie

mathcad license

Why can't I get a 30-day trial? The previous owner used up his test period. I am a new owner of a laptop and by entering new data I cannot obtain a new trial period on this laptop. What to do?

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dlaczego nie mogę uzyskać 30dniowego okresu próbnego? Poprzedni właściciel wykorzystał swój okres testowy. Jestem nowym właścicielem laptopa i wpisując nowe dane nie mogę uzyskać na tym laptopie nowego okresu próbnego. Co zrobić?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I think you cannot get two 30-day trials for the same laptop.

Martin Hanák
Perez
12-Amethyst
(To:IN_11034184)

Ah, the trials and tribulations of software trials! The 30-day test period is like a single-serving friend for your laptop—once it's gone, it seems it's gone for good. But don't worry, there's a silver lining here.

It's often the case that trial periods are tied to the hardware, not just the user data. So, if your laptop's previous owner already enjoyed the trial, the system might be politely declining to serve seconds. Here are a couple of things you could try:

1. Contact Support: Reach out to Mathcad Prime's customer service and explain your situation. They're usually quite understanding and may reset the trial period for you.
  2. Alternative Account: Sometimes, creating an account with a different email address can help, but that depends on how the software identifies a new user.
  3. Virtual Machine: As a workaround, you could set up a virtual machine on your laptop to simulate a different environment. This might convince the software it's talking to a new device. It's like throwing a costume party for your laptop where it gets to dress up as a different computer.
  4. Education Version: If you're associated with an academic institution, you might be eligible for an educational version, which could offer a longer trial period or even be free.

Remember, the goal of the trial is to give you a taste, not a full meal, so if you find the software to your liking, consider purchasing it. After all, every good show deserves a ticket!

Top Tags