cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

simple, 2 variable function, range for variables, plot

dscott-3
1-Newbie

simple, 2 variable function, range for variables, plot

I'm brand new to Mathcad and racking my brain over something which should be simple.  All I want to do is write and plot the following:

M : 6*P + 1440*G

P: 1000, 2000; 10000

G: 140, 141; 150

My thought is that the solution indexes through each increment and 2D matrix develops and I plot with P (x axis), G (y axis), and M (z axis).  But nothing is working for me.

Can you help?

Many thanks,

dscott

6 REPLIES 6
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:dscott-3)

Perhaps so?

PG.jpg

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:dscott-3)

You just need a simple program.  I think the help section should walk you through programming.

plot3.jpg

Not sure if you want just to see the points or the whole plane, so her are both and P- and G- axis are correctly scaled

Werner had the right answer--read up on CreateMesh!

We could plot the function M directly, so CreateMesh would not be mandatory.

But its far more convenient to use CreateMesh as opposed to fumble around changing the values in the QuickPlot Data settings of the 3D-Plot format menu.

Hope you are using Mathcad 15 (or below) and not Prime as Prime's plotting capabilities are mediocre and especially Primes 3D-plots are not worth using.

PTC promised enhancements concerning plotting for Prime 4, but as far as I know now they are promising it for Version 5.

But don't get me wrong - the method using CreateMesh will work in Prime, too, and the result you get will look similar to what F.M. had shown (but with correctly scaled axis). Formatting options are very limited, though.

EDIT: Here is a Prime version. No colormap, no transparency, no way to format the points and lines in different colors and thicknesses, no grid in the coordinate planes, no axis names, ...

Group,

You are awesome!  I expected to get back here today and not find any updates.  A thousand thanks to you and especially you WE for going in such depth.  I definitely think CreateMesh is a good way to go.

Very grateful,

David

PS - I like the other examples too.  They provide good ideas for future reference.

Top Tags