cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

strange error

jdessecker
2-Guest

strange error

Hello,

i use Mathcad Prime 3.1, 64bit Version under MS Windows 8.1 Pro x64. In a bigger worksheet (ca. 20 pages) the following definition leads to an error as shown in the attached Picture:

15-04-06_Screenshot Mathcad 5.PNG

If i copy this definition in a new file, it works properly.

If i delete the definition and copy it back from the other sheet, Mathcad Prime crashes and shut down (very slowly).

What may be the reason for such an error?

Many thanks for any answer.

Kindly regards, J. Dessecker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

all this problems which i have reported in the last days seems to result in a bug: i have disabled the Multithreading-Option and this solves the problems for now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jdessecker)

What may be the reason for such an error?

The short answer is "a bug". I can't give you a longer answer, because you can't post the worksheet (and since you have prime 3.1 and I have Prime 3.0 I couldn't read it even if you did). We know there is something weird going on in your worksheet, but I have no idea what it is. If you have current maintenance you could ask for help from PTC on this. There is clearly at least one bug that is causing you trouble, so they should help you.

Hello Richard,

many thanks and i will do so.

Kind regards, J. Dessecker

Hello,

all this problems which i have reported in the last days seems to result in a bug: i have disabled the Multithreading-Option and this solves the problems for now.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Thanks for letting us know the solution.

Did you report this to PTC? if not, you should.

Hello Richard,

support knows it, as you can see here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS200480

During create my request this article was showed to me as possible solution.

Kind regards, J. Dessecker

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I don't have current maintenance, so I am not allowed to view the knowledge base. PTC prefers that users without maintenance fail to solve their Mathcad problems.

Hello Richard,

i agree with you 100 percent! If I have understood correctly, then this bug will be fixed in the next time-code release of Prime 3.1. But it's not yet known, when this would be.

Best regards, J. Dessecker

Here it is:

Pic_1.png

Top Tags