cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

why I tend to get failures if I run this multiple times within the same MathCAD sheet.

SM_6465178
5-Regular Member

why I tend to get failures if I run this multiple times within the same MathCAD sheet.

Hi Bill, 
Reference topic  - https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Beam-bending-using-finite-differences/m-p/884208#M207256
I was just wondering why I tend to get failures if I run this multiple times within the same MathCAD sheet (i.e. cut and paste it several times). Usually I can get away with running two different runs (usually x and y) but if I'm looking at multiple items, despite clearing what I think are the important variables, it always throws up an odd error? Do you know if there is a reason this would happen and good places to trouble shoot when it does?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you talking about Prime or really about Mathcad (up to version 15)?

Which sheet, which failure, why "tend", what do you mean by "running multiple times" on contrary to "cut and paste" ??? Are you talking about recalculation a sheet?

Won't dig into that old thread to find out..

Not sure what are you talking about.

If a sheet uses random numbers it will give you different result whenever you recalculate it.

If a sheet uses up a large portion of memory it may be that it fails on second or third run because of bad non functional garbage collection. So close Mathcad, reload and it should work again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you talking about Prime or really about Mathcad (up to version 15)?

Which sheet, which failure, why "tend", what do you mean by "running multiple times" on contrary to "cut and paste" ??? Are you talking about recalculation a sheet?

Won't dig into that old thread to find out..

Not sure what are you talking about.

If a sheet uses random numbers it will give you different result whenever you recalculate it.

If a sheet uses up a large portion of memory it may be that it fails on second or third run because of bad non functional garbage collection. So close Mathcad, reload and it should work again.

BillWadsworth
5-Regular Member
(To:SM_6465178)

Hi SM,

Am I right in thinking this problem is happening in a Prime translation of the MCad 14 original?
I don't have Prime so I couldn't run the new version, but if you can replicate the error in an original Mcad sheet I will be happy to look at it.

regards, Bill

Top Tags