cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CWC install failure code 25002

AM_9930586
5-Regular Member

CWC install failure code 25002

Hello all,

I've been doing an install of Thingworx with CWC, and have been running into a strange error.

Installer message:

ERROR 2023-07-31 17:55:49.379 Install Applications - Error Code: 25002
CORE Creating database entities: Failed to establish a connection to the database

Script Log:

THINGWORX APP INSTALLATION - CORE : Step #6 => Creating database entities; Failed to establish a connection to the database

We're using Thingworx v9.3.1 Postgres, currently installed and working fine on an Azure Windows VM with a hosted DB. SQL Server is installed locally with a Developer license, with a blank DB and user made ready for Mfg Apps. We're using SP8_ThingWorx-CWC-310 for our CWC installer, following the clean install steps.

The proper JDBC connector has been added, and we're able to run "VerifyMnfgAppsTableExistence" on the SQL entities that were created during the CWC install attempt. It correctly shows that we have no tables yet installed into the SQL DB, and seems to be querying properly.

In summary: Why can't the CWC installer connect to the database here? I've been able to connect within Thingworx, and the installer is able to connect to Thingworx and the SQL DB during the pre-check.

Has anyone else seen this happen? I've searched around, and have yet to find any more details on what this error might be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Since you are running Thingworx on Postgres and CWC requires a Microsoft SQL Server to run I suggest two different things to verify:

• Check if you included the JDBC for Microsoft SQL Server on your Tomcat/lib folder (restart tomcat after doing this)
  • Check if your JDBC version is not the 12, it seems this reason is not working fine. I recommend using the 9.4.0
  • Check if your JDBC version is compatible with the Java version you are running, the package brings several JAR files, each one for a different JAva version.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Article - "Unable to install Connected Work Cell ThingWorx Apps": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS395732

AM_9930586
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hello,

I've seen this link when searching. I can verify that DBO is set as the default schema for the twADmin DB user.

Hello,

Since you are running Thingworx on Postgres and CWC requires a Microsoft SQL Server to run I suggest two different things to verify:

• Check if you included the JDBC for Microsoft SQL Server on your Tomcat/lib folder (restart tomcat after doing this)
  • Check if your JDBC version is not the 12, it seems this reason is not working fine. I recommend using the 9.4.0
  • Check if your JDBC version is compatible with the Java version you are running, the package brings several JAR files, each one for a different JAva version.
AM_9930586
5-Regular Member
(To:Ivens)

Tomcat has `mssql-jdbc-12.2.0.jre11.jar` placed in the lib folder, and I've restarted the platform.

The `PTCFSU.CoreSQLThing` and `PTC.FSU.CORE.MSSQL_TG` things were both left in Thingworx after the failed install, but I've filled out their connection details. They're able to run "VerifyMnfgAppsTableExistence" against the SQL DB.

AM_9930586
5-Regular Member
(To:Ivens)

Replying after our support call: The JDBC driver downgrade worked. We took version 9.4.1 from this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/release-notes-for-the-jdbc-driver?view=sql-server-ver16#previous-releases

The CWC installer completed successfully after this change.

Microsoft is enforcing the use of SSL on JDBC 12, to use this version you must include the parameter encrypt=false at the end of your connection string.

Top Tags