cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ThingWorx Apps Manufactor

RaulBernardo.PV
11-Garnet

ThingWorx Apps Manufactor

How to install ThingWorx Apps Manufactory extension step by step? Would it be possible to install with 8gb of RAM?

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate

Como instalar a extensão ThingWorx Apps Manufactory passo a passo? Seria possível instalar com 8gb de RAM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What you can do, first of all determine how much memory your actual OS needs, then go into the JVM Java options and set the xmx to the highest you can afford to give the JVM without crashing your server. That's probably the best you can do. Hypothetically, if for example you can run on 2GB and right now the JVM thinks it is limited to using 5GB, you can set xmx to 6GB and see if that is enough to make the install run successfully.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Not sure exactly which pieces you are looking to install, but I believe each of these have their system requirements listed?

If  you are talking about the original TWX Manufacturing Apps, Also the installation steps should be within the appropriate help center.

Else you can start your search on Support.ptc.com

Thanks for answering me ! In fact, I wanted to know if there is any way to install TWX Manufacturing Apps on a computer with only 8GB of RAM memory, because whenever I go to import the extensions it keeps looping and cannot load.

Obrigado por me responder ! Na verdade eu queria saber se existe alguma forma de instalar TWX Manufacturing Apps em um computador com apenas 8GB de memoria RAM , pois sempre quando vou importar as extenções ele fica em looping e não consegue carregar. 

What you can do, first of all determine how much memory your actual OS needs, then go into the JVM Java options and set the xmx to the highest you can afford to give the JVM without crashing your server. That's probably the best you can do. Hypothetically, if for example you can run on 2GB and right now the JVM thinks it is limited to using 5GB, you can set xmx to 6GB and see if that is enough to make the install run successfully.

Thanks !!

Obrigado !!

Hello ,

After configuring java I was able to enable an extension process but now I'm having trouble importing Thing worx - APPS -9.1.1-00 - extension-dependencies.zip.

I was able to do the whole process of enabling the extension package in PlatformSettings-Json by setting everything to true , and also importing the MED-61284-CD-091_SP1_Remote-Access-Extension-3-1-4.zip extension.

Only when I import this extension: ThingWorx-Apps-9.1.1-00-extension-dependencies.zip gives an error. It validates but it doesn't matter

Olá ,

Após configurar o java consegui habilitar um processo da extensão só que agora estou com problema para importar o Thing worx - APPS -9.1.1-00 - extension-dependencies.zip.

Consegui fazer todo o processo de habilitar no PlatformSettings- Json o pacote de extensão colocando tudo para verdadeiro , e também importar a extensão    MED-61284-CD-091_SP1_Remote-Access-Extension-3-1-4.zip. 

Somente quando vou importar  está extensão :ThingWorx-Apps-9.1.1-00-extension-dependencies.zip dá erro .Ela valida mais não importa 

What is recorded in the Application log about the error or the script log?

Top Tags