cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Thingworx Apps supported Thingworx version

rod.bustamante
6-Contributor

Thingworx Apps supported Thingworx version

I'm trying to install AMU in top of a clean Thingworx installation. I'm obviously trying to get the latest version of every component so I downloaded Thingworx Foundation 9.3.12 and AMU 203 (SP9).

According to the Apps documentation, the latest supported version of Thingworx is 9.3.5 (released in October 2022). I ignored this message assuming that later versions would be supported over a year later (my mistake).

The thing is: When trying to install AMU it fails and gives me the message that only Thingworx up until version 9.3.7 is supported.. so which one is it? To add insult to injury, a colleague installed AMU on top of Thingworx 9.3.9 a couple of months back (I checked the version myself).

I haven't been able to find updated release notes on the latest version of AMU to check the supported TWX versions and as I'm describing, there's some conflicting messaging. Can anyone clarify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rod

Here are the correct versions for the latest versions of AMU : 

- AMU 2.0.3 (latest version, released in June 2023) only works with Thingworx 9.3.9.

- AMU 2.0.2 (previous version, released in October 2022) works with either 8.5.7 or 9.3.5.

- Older versions of AMU worked with either 8.5.7 or 9.3.1.

Using any other version of Thingworx should not work.

Here is the documentation link for the latest version (2.0.3) and this page in particular shows the required Thingworx version. However while getting those links, I did notice that this other requirements page says "ThingWorx 9.3.x" which is wrong, only 9.3.9 should be allowed, I'll make the team aware.

The documentation for older releases (up to AMU 2.0.2) was in 2 places, first the installation guide and second the user guide. This requirements page does say 9.3.5 for AMU 2.0.2 and 9.3.1 for older versions. But I also found a few places that were not updated and still mention only 9.3.1.

When trying to install AMU it fails and gives me the message that only Thingworx up until version 9.3.7 is supported.

Can you please share the log or a screenshot where it says that? I'm surprised. AMU should never have supported that version.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Just now I tried to install AMU with Thingworx 9.3.7 and the installation failed telling me that the minimum version is Thingworx 9.3.9.... I mean come on.

Hi Rod

Here are the correct versions for the latest versions of AMU : 

- AMU 2.0.3 (latest version, released in June 2023) only works with Thingworx 9.3.9.

- AMU 2.0.2 (previous version, released in October 2022) works with either 8.5.7 or 9.3.5.

- Older versions of AMU worked with either 8.5.7 or 9.3.1.

Using any other version of Thingworx should not work.

Here is the documentation link for the latest version (2.0.3) and this page in particular shows the required Thingworx version. However while getting those links, I did notice that this other requirements page says "ThingWorx 9.3.x" which is wrong, only 9.3.9 should be allowed, I'll make the team aware.

The documentation for older releases (up to AMU 2.0.2) was in 2 places, first the installation guide and second the user guide. This requirements page does say 9.3.5 for AMU 2.0.2 and 9.3.1 for older versions. But I also found a few places that were not updated and still mention only 9.3.1.

When trying to install AMU it fails and gives me the message that only Thingworx up until version 9.3.7 is supported.

Can you please share the log or a screenshot where it says that? I'm surprised. AMU should never have supported that version.

Top Tags