cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Browser for help

TeoB
8-Gravel

Browser for help

Hi guys,

when I open the help center in modelling Express, the program opens in automatic on "Internet Explorer" like the picture below.

This browser is not my main preference. There is a possible to change it.

Thanks in advanced

***** I use Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 8.0 *****
11 REPLIES 11
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:TeoB)

"Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 8.0 Help Center": http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/ced_modeling_express/r20.3.0.0/en/

TeoB
8-Gravel
(To:VladimirN)

Hi VladimirN thank you for replay,

my problem is not the patch for help pages but is the browser that show me these pages.

My favorite browser is "Mozzilla Firefox" and I don't understand why when I press the "?" "Creo" opens other browser "Internet Explorer". I think that there is some configuration inside the botton "?" that is not correct.

I would like an answer for this as well for the full version. Internet explorer is no longer supported by microsoft.  Is it possible to change this default?

version 20.1

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

When I click on the question mark in Express 8, the page like in the picture appears.

Help_Center.jpg

Another possibility is to copy the link that opens in "Internet Explorer" and add it as a favorite in your favorite browser.

Have a nice day

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi FriedhelmK,

thank you for your replay. The alternative of "copy and paste" is a very simple. As to wrote "ThomasKirkman - Internet explorer is no longer supported by microsoft" therefore there is a problem about he security of browser and not about the favorite browser.

for last comment, "(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0", can you help me for this? thank you in advanced

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:TeoB)

Hello Teo
you are looking for the signature?

Unfortunately, the space in the signature is limited.

Signature.jpg

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

20.1 does not open to the default browser, it opens in Internet Explorer. My default browser (tested by everything else opening in it.) is Chrome.

- Signature updated thanks Friedhelm

- yes ThomasKirkman, I think that there is a bug

Thank you. That is what I assumed.  But you know what Assuming is.  It makes and "Ass" out of "u" and "me"

Tom

This is from PTC

"

• Reported to R&D as SPR 12758020
  • Corrected in  Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.2.4.0,  20.3.3.0,  20.4.1.0,  20.5.0.0:"

Hi guys,

Today the my "Help Center" started with "Edge" Browser. In the next days I will check this and I will inform you about it.
Bye bye

Top Tags