cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Copy multiple 2D from one workplane to another?

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Copy multiple 2D from one workplane to another?

I know that I can use the Project 2D Edge command to copy from one workplane to another. But as far as I can tell, I have to select each element individually. I have tried box selecting elements, but I have not been able to get it to work. Is there a way to quickly select multiple 2D elements to copy from one workplane to another? (I have a workplane with over 50 elements that I need to copy.) I should also note that I know how to copy an entire workplane, but in my case my workplane already contains a lot of 2D geometry-I copied one workplane to get most of the geometry, now I need to copy from another workplane to get the rest.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Peter,

my suggestion would be to save the source workplan as .mi.
Activate target workplane.
Load stored workplane.
Just make sure that the origin (0.0 point) matches.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
CADmin
6-Contributor
(To:FriedhelmK)

...works fine. Good tip

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:CADmin)

Hello CADmin
Thank you for the praise
This labor-intensive shortcoming existed since I know Modeling.
Source of the Answer

http://ww3.cad.de/foren/ubb/Forum29/HTML/001099.shtml#000000

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags