cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Modeling Express won't start, doesn't activate, prompts for unknown proxy server

Thomas_HP_Ret
3-Visitor

Creo Modeling Express won't start, doesn't activate, prompts for unknown proxy server

After working well since initial download on 7/30/23,  Creo Modeling Express no longer starts.  Instead a pop up dialogue prompting me for email and password to Activate comes up.  After entering my e-address and password. and selecting 'Activate' I get a second dialogue saying:  Connection failed.  For Modeling Express to automatically activate it requires access to the internet.  Please check if a proxy has to be specified and enter your company's proxy server details so that activation can proceed.  I'm merely an individual with a laptop, there is no proxy server.  My internet connection is fine and I have a basic PTC account.  How can I fix this and why did it happen?

6 REPLIES 6

Article - "Proxy errors with Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS201073

I selected the link, there is no actionable content there.  Possibly because I have only the basic account required to use Express.  Below is what I get.

Thomas_HP_Ret_0-1698942537413.png

Hello Thomas,

Follow this description

FriedhelmK_0-1699000235733.png

FriedhelmK_1-1699000279936.png

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thanks Freidhelm for the effort and thorough response but I am already aware of and using the work around temporary fix via the manual activation key.  Its cumbersome but at least it's there and it works, I'm thankful for that.  Echoing another user's thoughts:  Is this intent for how the program works going forward? I've received no communications to that effect.

The fundamental problem with Express normal start-up is something has broken the 'phone home' communication link between the license server routine on this laptop and the license server at PTC.  For Express or its big brother CE Direct Modeling to run requires a periodic 'ping' from the device to a license server at PTC and the resultant response.  If that fails the program won't run.  Meaning there is an unresolved issue with the license server at PTC or something has changed the settings on this laptop.  I do not have the IT skills to fix this, was hoping someone could help me do that.  I've changed my password, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, both to no avail.  Suggestions?

First of all, I would like to ask why you only wrote >Creo Modeling Express no longer starts.
and not additionally that you are already getting the 72 hour license ?
This made me think that you could not start at all.  🙄
Then I could have saved myself the work and written the following directly to you.

>Suggestions?
Yes, forget it and stop looking for an other solution!
Keep working with the 72 hour license, there is no other way.
PTC will fix it one day, but it's at the deepest bottom of the priority list.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

This problem exist from many years clearly it's not an issue. Never worked well and work only randomly. I have used Modeling Express for some simple parts and now the same issue. They want only big customers not individual, I suppose but it's clear.

Top Tags