cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Functions in annotation are slow

JeffreyPardijs
3-Visitor

Functions in annotation are slow

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing performance issues with working in annotation. 
The best example of my problems is when i copy a piece of text.
When i try to move the copied text it follows my cursor with a 5 seconds delay.

I also have those kind of problems with placing and moving views and dimensions.

Our local ptc support told me that it is graphics card related.

I am using Creo Elements Direct Modeling 20.4.1 on a HP Envy laptop with a Nvidia RTX3060 graphics card and windows 11. 
I have installed the latest driver for the graphics card. 

When i loop up in the HP compatibility matrix, my laptop and graphics card are not listed.

Could it be that te laptop is not compatible enough to run Creo elements direct modeling annotation correctly? 
Or could it be a graphics setting that is not correct?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Jeffrey,

We experience the same problems.

Did you manage to solve the problem?

Kind regards, Luc Rots

I have the same problem on all the PCs of one of our detached departments, but not in another. The PCs and video cards are also identical, so I must assume that it is a conflict between drivers or specific software installed only in that department. It occurs in annotation with both version 20.5 and 20.6. I have not tried other versions. Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 and 4000 video cards are used in all locations.

It seems like you’re experiencing a problem that might be related to driver conflicts on your Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 and 4000 video cards. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

Update your drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 and 4000 video cards. Nvidia frequently updates its drivers to fix bugs and improve performance.

Check for software conflicts: If the problem is only occurring in one department, it could be due to a specific software installed in that department. Try to identify any software that is unique to the problematic department and temporarily disable it to see if the problem persists.

Downgrade your driver: In some cases, newer drivers can cause issues with certain applications. You might want to try downgrading your driver to a previous version to see if that resolves the issue.

Check the slot of the video card: The slot in which the video card is placed can sometimes cause issues. Try changing the slot of the video card to see if that helps.

Remember, it’s always a good idea to back up your data before making any major changes to your system. If the problem continues, you might want to consider reaching out to Nvidia’s customer support for further assistance. They have the tools and resources to diagnose and resolve issues related to their products. Good luck! 😊

I partially solved it by installing the old NVIDIA driver version 511.22

Top Tags