cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

When or where the dimension frame FLAG will be used ?

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

When or where the dimension frame FLAG will be used ?

Hello,
Does anyone have an idea in which dimensioning type or standard this dimensioning frame is used ?
In Modeling and Drafting it is called FLAG in English
In German in Modeling it is called "Markierung", in Drafting "Schild".

FriedhelmK_0-1694015692697.jpeg

Text can also be marked with this frame, there it is clear to me.

Thanks in advance.

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
3 REPLIES 3
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:FriedhelmK)

As far as I know, only the box is needed for basic dimension. Since the entity BAL is common for text and dimensions in the MI interface, I would say that the flag for dimensions has no meaning. Drafting would not block this unnecessary flag for dimensions.

All what is not in the engineering standards is not blocked by Drafting. For example, Drafting do allow tolerancing a basic dimension, which is a nonsense:

KotomEng_0-1694064336542.png

In the same way, Drafting allows box and balloon for dimensions, which I do not think it has a meaning:

KotomEng_1-1694064493933.pngKotomEng_2-1694064553370.png

http://kotom.eng.free.fr

Hello Gerald,

this is also my state of knowledge.
However, we use the balloon to highlight tolerated dimensions which the people in production have to check regularly and which are also documented.

So it is not completely senseless for us 🙂

What do you think, should I accept your answer as a solution or wait. Maybe someone else has an explanation.

Have a nice weekend

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:FriedhelmK)

What I said is not confirmed as a solution. The flagged dimension is not an ASME nor ISO standard. Should check for other standards (Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Indian, ...). The flagged dimension could be an old no longer used standard.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags