cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Why are replies being automatically marked as solutions?

M_C_Anderson
9-Granite

Why are replies being automatically marked as solutions?

Whenever someone replies to any of my posts, the PTC Community site is automatically marking those replies as the solution and giving the post kudos. It is very frustrating having to go back and unmark posts as solutions, or remove kudos from replies that are unhelpful. I cannot find any option within my user settings to turn off this behavior. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:M_C_Anderson)

Hi @M_C_Anderson 

We have found this happens occasionally when our community notification emails are scanned before delivery and the malicious link detection is "clicking" the Kudo and Accept as Solution links in the emails. This is solved by deactivating "Reply by Email" for the account in question. I've done this for your account. You will still receive notification emails, but they will no longer contain links to accept solutions and give kudos directly from the email. However, you can of course continue to do both in the community itself.

If you have any remaining questions that have the wrong solution marked, you can remove that yourself as shown below, or use notify moderator on the post, and we will remove the Accepted Solution marking for you.

AndrewK_0-1701866413011.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello M_C_Anderson,

Thank you for using PTC Community!

A solution can only be marked by the original author of the post, some select industrial & domain experts, or the PTC community management team.

Could you please provide us with the link of the topic where this has happened? It will help us to find how this is happening.

Thanks & Regards,

Community Moderation Team.

No need to find a link, it happened to your post! I didn't do anything, but your post was automatically marked as the solution and given kudos despite me not even seeing it until now.

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:M_C_Anderson)

Hi @M_C_Anderson 

We have found this happens occasionally when our community notification emails are scanned before delivery and the malicious link detection is "clicking" the Kudo and Accept as Solution links in the emails. This is solved by deactivating "Reply by Email" for the account in question. I've done this for your account. You will still receive notification emails, but they will no longer contain links to accept solutions and give kudos directly from the email. However, you can of course continue to do both in the community itself.

If you have any remaining questions that have the wrong solution marked, you can remove that yourself as shown below, or use notify moderator on the post, and we will remove the Accepted Solution marking for you.

AndrewK_0-1701866413011.png

Thank you very much, yes I have been using that "Not the Solution" button to manually unmark posts. I appreciate your help and the insight into this bug!

Top Tags