cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cannot unify 2 adjacent surfaces (top and bottom half)

Sreejith_S
4-Participant

Cannot unify 2 adjacent surfaces (top and bottom half)

Hello I created a hole with extrude (remove material) option nut then I got 2 bottom surfaces of 2 holes as 1 entity and 2 top surface as 1 entity later I divided the 2 bottom and 2 top into 4 entity with split surface region option. Now I cannot unify the top and bottom surface for either of the holes. I need top and bottom as 1 entity for using analysis on another software (which does not support join surface and split surface are considered as 2 cad faces)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sreejith_S wrote:

So now in the below images I want to join the both surfaces of the hole (highlighted in green) how do I proceed as I have tried unify tool but it is not highlighting anything

Hi,

cylindrical surface of the hole is always split into 2 halves. You cannot unite them into single surface.

If the only problem is selection then you can use Pick From List command to select both halves at once.

MartinHanak_0-1695380337426.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

unfortunately I do not understand your description well. Maybe you have problem with cylindrical surface split into 2 halves. This is the way how Creo creates cylindrical surface ... you cannot change it.

Martin Hanák

Ok now is it possible to join surfaces on the picture above. When I try using the unify surface option I am unable to select the surface either on the part or on the model tree

So now in the below images I want to join the both surfaces of the hole (highlighted in green) how do I proceed as I have tried unify tool but it is not highlighting anything

@Sreejith_S wrote:

Hi,

cylindrical surface of the hole is always split into 2 halves. You cannot unite them into single surface.

If the only problem is selection then you can use Pick From List command to select both halves at once.

MartinHanak_0-1695380337426.png

Martin Hanák
Top Tags