cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo license anomaly

S�_10928760
4-Participant

Creo license anomaly

Hello!

I have Creo 10.0 with student license. In the past couple days when I started it up, I got an error message about my license: (-9), invalid host. I would reconfigure the license with setup.exe and it would work for a while. A day at max. I went on like this until yesterday when I couldn't reconfigure. After entering my username amd password for the license I got the very informative error message: Error!

Then at home I was able to reconfigure. Then today in the morning the same thing happened. I thought maybe reinstalling could help but I can't reinstall because I get the same error while trying. Any help is appreciated:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I assume you have exhausted the number of license requests allowed.

Try sending request for license via email. 

Please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/License-Identification-Error/td-p/911756 discussion.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello! Thank you far answering. I have been through these solutions when I got the incorrect host error message and they did not help. Now my problem looks like this: 

S_10928760_0-1709219052347.png

Hi,

I assume you have exhausted the number of license requests allowed.

Try sending request for license via email. 

Please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/License-Identification-Error/td-p/911756 discussion.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, I have infinite license requests.

I think I have interesting information to note: The error only happens on my University's eduroam WiFi. (worked for me before, works for others now). I managed to install Creo using the WiFi at home. It worked. If I try to open Creo using the home WiFi network, it works without issues. Using another network, I get the invalid host error. And can't reconfigure my license on the eduroam network which is where I intend to use it the most:(

Your license is locked to the wireless network card. If the Wifi is disabled, you are unable to provide the Host ID that the license is looking for. Turning on Wifi, even if not connected in the university will still provide the information and will work.
You can only license one computer per year.

~Alex

Hi @Alex_Cazacu ,
I have an issue with my student license when I try to open files that aperently had been created using a commercial license.
I did read that it should be possible though.
Do you have some advice?
Thank you in advance!

JH_10903875_0-1712824687309.png

JH_10903875_1-1712824927483.png

Hi,

Student  license does not enable you to open Commercial files.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags