cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ETA on WF5 University Edition?

ptc-2078267
1-Newbie

ETA on WF5 University Edition?

I have a new Nehalem Xeon workstation with 12GB RAM, Velociraptor hard drive, top-line Quadro card etc sitting here desperately waiting for 64-bit Pro/E. The machine is a total waste of money until 32-bit Pro/E becomes available though due to the 32-bit 3GB usable memory limitation! Regens of my project take 10 minutes on it since the project needs more ram than it is able to get. Anyone have any idea on when 64-bit edition of Pro/E will become available to those of us doing work in universities? I'm dying over here!
1 REPLY 1

Hi Tuomas, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 University Edition is available now. You would have to work with you faculty to get access to this at your school. They would need to update their campus license to Wildfire 5.0 and then install the client. They would need to download the corresponding build of Pro/E Wildfire 5.0 (commercial) for x64. The Student and SChools Edition for WF 5.0 will not be avaiable until next month. This release will support 64-bit as well. Thanks, Mark
Top Tags