cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Measuring the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve without using SKETCH

JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member

Measuring the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve without using SKETCH

Dear experts,

Is there any way to directly use the "MEASURE" tool to calculate the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve I drew? [i.e., without first defining two DATUM POINTS, nor first using SKETCH and draw a line between them].

Long story: I use DATUM -> curve from equation to draw "y=sin(108*x)" in the front plane, with the range being defined as "from 0 to 10". I now want to make sure the distance between the beginning of the curve and the end of the curve, along the x-axis, is 10. Therefore, I then go to the "measure" tool -> distance, choose "FRONT" plane in the projection picker, and on "add items" choose the x=0 point, and then while pressing CTRL, choose x=10. The problem is that it doesn't work! It might be that the grid CREO forms doesn't include the x=10 point, but it is really weird that in order to calculate the distance between two points along the x-axis, I have to use "SKETCH", or artificially draw additional two DATUM points.
Will be happy to hear your opinion.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JJ_10935554 wrote:

Thank you! It works! How would you create a similar dimension bar for the vertical amplitude? (i.e., a dimension bar showing "1" for the distance between (0,0) and (0,1)? since there is no pre-specified point in (0,1), I guess that using "sketch" is my only option? see attached) 

Hi,

I do not understand your picture. Maybe attached video will help.

Note: I am not sure whether student license enables you to create analysis feature.

Also you can create Sketch feature and show its annotations.

MartinHanak_1-1706470322067.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I do not know why Creo does not enable you to measure the distance between curve endpoints.

Suggestion: Activate Annotate tab, click Dimension button and create linear dimension.

MartinHanak_0-1706438865401.png

Martin Hanák
JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you! It works! How would you create a similar dimension bar for the vertical amplitude? (i.e., a dimension bar showing "1" for the distance between (0,0) and (0,1)? since there is no pre-specified point in (0,1), I guess that using "sketch" is my only option? see attached) 

@JJ_10935554 wrote:

Hi,

I do not understand your picture. Maybe attached video will help.

Note: I am not sure whether student license enables you to create analysis feature.

Also you can create Sketch feature and show its annotations.

MartinHanak_1-1706470322067.png

Martin Hanák
Top Tags