cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Placing sections into Sketcher

lfaine
1-Newbie

Placing sections into Sketcher

In lesson 'placing sections into sketcher' Worked my way successfully, lesson Task 1.But I am having a problem in Task 2 'Place a section from the sketcher pallette' When I click 'palette'from the sketcher toolbar the dialog box only displayed 'Placing_Sections. The polygons,profiles,shapes,stars Tabs are missing. Clicked (show),Navigated 'Sketcher palette' detail could not find an explanation on how to set up the missing Tabs. Please are there any lessons that covers sketcher palette - how to add a tab - add a section to palette tab - import a shape from palette and creating .sec files? Thanks for your attention.
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:lfaine)

The config.pro sketcher_palette_path needs to be set. You will need to find where the *.sec files are located.

I do not think the Student Ed or Training Ed of the ProEngineer software has any of the saved sketches inside of the Palette dialog box. Sorry! Since the files are not compatible with the Commercial Ed, they are not there. You should be able to add your own if you wish. Just use Save a Copy from Sketcher to give it the name and locate it inside the Palette folder on your computer. The Palette folder's path is something like C:\PTC\ProEngineer\Text\Sketcher Palette.

Checking my system again you're right. The sketcher_palette directory that should be in the installation directory\text isn't there. The student version of WF3 had it though. The same thing happened with the sheetmetal flange sections.
lfaine
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Thanks for all who answered my request for advice Re. Sketcher palette problem. Louis Faine
Top Tags