cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem with starting CREO

JKK
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Problem with starting CREO

Hi,

During start of Creo pops up a message window:

License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_Student2 ...

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat: (-10) Feature has expired.

I am using Creo Parametric 2.0, windows 7, I just updated Adobe Flash.

I had not been using Creo Student license for some time, I was not aware of any expiry of student licenses.

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:JKK)

Hi,

open C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat in Notepad and check expiration date. Student license file contains a line similar to:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d 33.0 23-may-2014 uncounted \

Student license is valid 1-year starting from its installation.

I guess you have to uninstall Creo 2.0, remove license file and install it again.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:JKK)

Hi,

open C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat in Notepad and check expiration date. Student license file contains a line similar to:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d 33.0 23-may-2014 uncounted \

Student license is valid 1-year starting from its installation.

I guess you have to uninstall Creo 2.0, remove license file and install it again.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I have the same problem... On this page "http://support.ptc.com/products/proe/studentedFAQ1.htm" says that student license does not expire (here:

Does the Student Edition have an expiration date that disables its use after a period of time?

No. The Creo Elements/Pro Student Edition is a perpetual edition. It does not expire after registration."

Is it a joke? Why do I have an "expiration date" in my license file? How can I reinstall it if the expiration date in license file is December 4, 2014?

Thank you for your time and support.

Mihai

I've moved this discussion into our community.

Mihai,

you have to ask PTC to send you license file for next year. When you receive it, you simply put new contents into the current license file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags