cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Reinstalling Hyper V causes the installed Creo 9.0 to no longer start

BF_8323448
3-Visitor

Reinstalling Hyper V causes the installed Creo 9.0 to no longer start

I just want to put this hear since the proposed solution in this topic didn't work for me:

I needed to turn Hyper V in the Windows Features off and restart in order to be able to install and run Creo 9 on Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1702 .

Unfortunately reinstalling Hyper V causes the installed Creo to no longer start!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I am just curious ... what do you need Hyper V for?

Martin Hanák
hornhaut
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

For my part, I need Hyper-V for Docker, which means that as long as I want to use Docker and Creo on the same machine, I need to activate and deactivate Hyper-V regularly. That requires me to restart at least once every de-/activation and to tinker around a lot, since I tend to need switching every second month or so and I usually do not remember the whole flow. 

I know it is not your fault, so this is meant more like general feedback: It's really annoying that PTC does not bother to support systems running such a basic feature (in terms of how it is embedded in windows). The best solution I found so far is to look for another CAD tool and take 2-3 hours to learn how to transfer and adapt my workflow. Saved me a lot of nerves.

Sebastian

Hi,

I guess that the problem can be caused by network adapter related to Hyper V. I would compare ipconfig /all output with/without Hyper V.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags