cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Simulation License for Students

TH_10154594
1-Newbie

Simulation License for Students

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have CREO simulate licenses for the student version? I want to do some fluid analysis of a cold plate, but my version says I need the correct license to do so.

I am running Creo 9.0

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I think information available in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Creo-Simulate-license-error/m-p/236056 is still valid.

Martin Hanák

Hej, I have the same issue, in Creo 3 I could use the "simple" FEM module, now I am with Creo 6.0 for educators and I can neither start new simulations nor open the old results. Is there a workaround? Would be extremely usefull.

Best

Tim

Hi Tim,

No- unfortunately, the later student versions of CREO simply don't include any simulation packages and they can't be added in. Although I can't confirm if you can purchase it to add on.

It's a bit of a shame really.

Best of luck!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the quick reply. That is very unfortunate, It must have been possible somewhen in the past! I guess I need to get the Ansys Student Software for simulation then, kind of hazzle for only a simple FEM but OK, you get what you pay for:)

Best

Tim

Top Tags