cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Starting out, any tips?

droyzenvaser
1-Newbie

Starting out, any tips?

Hello everyone! This is my first year in FRC and I've been chosen to lead my school's CAD team. I have very little 3D modeling experience and have never worked on something like this. So far I've learned very basic functions of Creo 2.0 such as Revolve, Patterns and Swept Blend. All my studying has been done through the internet.

What I've been wondering is if anyone would be willing to share some tips, guides or parts to practice on. Currently I have a few people working with me who I need to hand out tasks to, but I'm finding it difficult to find them part pictures that they could work on. Help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sure, why don't you start with the Robotalk webcast videos? We have been running a weekly webcast series since September that has led participants through the How to Model Almost Anything and How to Develop a Product courses. The links will bring you to the downloads and discussions for each.

If you have team members that are new to Creo, have them watch the videos and go through the course. Everything is in the download.

If you've already seen the webcasts or completed the courses, check out the Training and Resources link on the PTC FIRST Teams page. This will bring you to more information on primers, downloadable training, workshops and our online training system for FIRST teams.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sure, why don't you start with the Robotalk webcast videos? We have been running a weekly webcast series since September that has led participants through the How to Model Almost Anything and How to Develop a Product courses. The links will bring you to the downloads and discussions for each.

If you have team members that are new to Creo, have them watch the videos and go through the course. Everything is in the download.

If you've already seen the webcasts or completed the courses, check out the Training and Resources link on the PTC FIRST Teams page. This will bring you to more information on primers, downloadable training, workshops and our online training system for FIRST teams.

Top Tags