cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Student Version Download Help

ptc-5492411
1-Newbie

Student Version Download Help

I downloaded the free student version and it didn't come with the license, therefore I can't run it. Has anyone else come across this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5492411)

Geoff,

That email should have included installation instructions that have the product code in them, i've posted the guide below.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo2_student_uni.pdf

Let me know if you run into any more problems!

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey Geoff - I've moved this discussion into our community, our team will be in touch soon!

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Hi Geoff,

Can you tell me where the download came from? I can send you the install guide that includes the product code if you would like. Are you a K-12 student or a University student?

I Got the download off of the PTC website. They sent me an email with the setup. I'm a university student. Thanks a lot for your help!

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Geoff,

That email should have included installation instructions that have the product code in them, i've posted the guide below.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo2_student_uni.pdf

Let me know if you run into any more problems!

Thanks

Great! That worked, now I have the issue of trying to run creo and nothin happens. I tried running as admin and changing colours to 256, but nothing helped.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

When it rains it pours! Alright, here are the top three reasons why that happens.

1. 1. About 75% of the time this happens because an anti-virus / anti-spyware (or other security program) was enabled during the installation. Because of Creo's robust and complex nature, it is often falsely flagged as a security threat. When a piece of security software tries to quarantine Creo, Creo simply becomes non-functional with no error messages.
  2. 2. There was a problem with the install file. This happens a lot when data gets transferred a lot (from flashdrive to flashdrive) or if the installed is downloaded on a slow connection. One small peice of data fragmentation can sterilize the program after it is installed.
  3. 3. The program was not installed as an administrator (even though it may have asked for administrative permissions). This would cause the program to have insufficient rights to make necessary registry edits / other system level changes. All the files would still be put into place but would be non-functional.

All of these three are solved in the same way, download a new install file and then re-install the software. Unfortunately because this is almost always caused by a problem not directly related to PTC software, it's hard to say exactly what went wrong.

If a re-install still does not fix the problem, send me an email at - and i'll fix the problem with a remote session.

Top Tags