cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unable to reinstall Creo after system format.

ptc-1059728
3-Visitor

Unable to reinstall Creo after system format.

I have a perpetual license of Creo 3.

I have installed Creo several times in the past. But recently I have formated my laptop with the OS I am using previously, Windows 10. During installation even it is not detecting the network card. I have tried disabling firewall. But still it is same issue mention in this thread.

5 REPLIES 5

@ptc-1059728 wrote:

I have a perpetual license of Creo 3.

I have installed Creo several times in the past. But recently I have formated my laptop with the OS I am using previously, Windows 10. During installation even it is not detecting the network card. I have tried disabling firewall. But still it is same issue mention in this thread.

Hi,

open Command prompt window and run ipconfig /all command. The output of command shows network card. Check whether HOST-ID included in license file is present in the output.

Note: If you own floating license, you have to install FLEXnet license manager before you install Creo.

Martin Hanák

I did the said checks before installing. Find attached.

Also let me know how to install install FLEXnet license manager before I install Creo.

Thanks for stopping by.

@ptc-1059728 wrote:

I did the said checks before installing. Find attached.

Also let me know how to install install FLEXnet license manager before I install Creo.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hi,

MartinHanak_0-1690976813614.png

The above output is telling you that D-Link Wireless adapter is turned off.

Connect to network using D-Link Wireless adapter. This way you turn it on and Creo will find it.

MartinHanak_1-1690976930071.png

The above picture does not tell me whether your license is locked/floating.

If your license file contains SERVER and DAEMON lines (see below example) then your license is floating. In other case your license is locked.

SERVER __HOSTNAME__ PTC_HOSTID=00-24-01-14-49-D1 7788
DAEMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH__

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the quick responce. 

Find attached 

@ptc-1059728 wrote:

Thank you for the quick responce. 

Find attached 

Hi,

your license is floating you must install FLEXnet. Run setup.exe and use Setup license option (hopefully it will work).

MartinHanak_0-1690979266747.png

Installer creates C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server directory and system service lmadmin_ptc.

You can run C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin\ptcstatus.bat to verify whether license is available.

During Creo installation you enter  7788@YourComputerName as license source (do not specify license file as license source).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags