cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

WF5 Student Edition Mathcad Analysis

MarkM
1-Newbie

WF5 Student Edition Mathcad Analysis

Hi everyone,

I've just installed the WF5 Student Edition so that I can re-acquaint myself with the software (after a few years of Solidworks).

I was looking for the Mathcad analysis feature that was present in some previous versions of the software. Actually, the new feature in WF5 that I'm mainly interested in is the ability to import an array of points from a mathcad worksheet.

I've noticed the "External Analysis" function and with some fiddling around I might be able to get that working, but I've noticed that the "Mathcad" analysis function is completely absent from the menus now.

I'm wondering if that feature has been stripped out of the student version or if it will show up like magic once I install mathcad? I'd like to know before I spend the money on mathcad, because with a little extra work it would be possible to write my own numerical code and use it with the External Analysis and forego the whole purchase. That said, I would much rather shell out some money and use mathcad than write my own code.

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1
MarkM
1-Newbie
(To:MarkM)

Note: This problem has been solved.

After installing Mathcad (version 14 in my case), the Mathcad analysis features show up in Pro/E and work as expected.

Thanks to Mark Fischer for his assistance.

-mm

Top Tags