cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Why is there no Creo MacOS version available?

LN_10621405
1-Newbie

Why is there no Creo MacOS version available?

We recently started to use Creo in my engineering course. As I went to download the software I got a little bit confused why there is no MacOs version of Creo available.

I am aware that there are some workarounds for that e.g. using Parallels etc. but I read this might not be the way to go because Creo does not work that well on a Windows emulator and Parallels is also not free (and I am broke).

Also, I read about installing a Windows partition with bootcamp, but this only works with an Intel chip and the newer Macs (mine included) have the M1/M2 chip installed. So this isn't an option either (for all of you lucky ones that do have the Intel chip: bootcamp seems to be the best option here). 

Does somebody know if there will be a Creo MacOs version in the near future? Creo seems to be the industry standard and I honestly don't understand why there is no MacOs version available yet seeing that many designers like to work on Mac machines and especially the newer ones seem to have enough graphical power to keep up with CAD software. So for me, ptc is missing out on a market here.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

1.] for Creo graphical power is not so important ... Creo mainly needs CPU power

2.] I'm guessing that the ratio of PC vs Mac is in favor of PC ... therefore PTC ignores Mac (and Linux, too)

Martin Hanák
Top Tags