cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

installation problem with creo parametric 9.0 student edition

NM_10551680
4-Participant

installation problem with creo parametric 9.0 student edition

After I download the zip file and then extracted its content into a new folder, i try to click on the setup.exe file the wheel starts to spin for a bit then stops and nothing happens. I first had the 8.0 version but I experienced the same problem there. I also deleted all my old files that I had and also deleted both versions as well and tried reinstalling both of them again, but the same problem appears. I have a Windows 11 laptop and the weird part about the situation is that the programm worked perfectly fine last year on that exact same laptop. Of course all the files and licences from last year were already deleted from the device, so I don´t undestand the cause of this problem. 

7 REPLIES 7
JT_OConnor
5-Regular Member
(To:NM_10551680)

A couple of things:

1) Make sure you have the full download,maybe download again?

2) Check that your anti-virus is not causing an issue.  Doensn't happen much anymore but possible.  Check the AV logs

3) Try to right click the setup.exe file and choose run as administrator

I was able to load it myself without issue, but it may depend on your specific configuration.

John

I have the same problem, I need to install Creo because of university tasks. I have Win 11 and I am sure i managed to check each step from completely downloaded file through disabling firewall and running as an admin and it still does nothing. (I am adding video with proof, but I am not sure if it will show up correctly)

@TK_10506847 wrote:

I have the same problem, I need to install Creo because of university tasks. I have Win 11 and I am sure i managed to check each step from completely downloaded file through disabling firewall and running as an admin and it still does nothing. (I am adding video with proof, but I am not sure if it will show up correctly)

Hi,

change the default setting of File Explorer ... show file extensions.

Did you unzip downloaded zip file?

Martin Hanák
Benji
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,
Please find attached a screenshot of the files with their extensions.
I have of course unzipped the files and tried to open the unzipped setup file. But it behaves as shown in the video above.
Do you have any tips on what else I could try?
I urgently need the CAD again.
Thank you very much

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Benji)

@Benji wrote:

Hello Martin,
Please find attached a screenshot of the files with their extensions.
I have of course unzipped the files and tried to open the unzipped setup file. But it behaves as shown in the video above.
Do you have any tips on what else I could try?
I urgently need the CAD again.
Thank you very much

Hi,

you picture does not show path to directory. I suggest you to use something like C:\PTC_install (no spaces, no national characters).

Martin Hanák
Benji
4-Participant
(To:Benji)

Hello Martin,

it has now worked for me.
There must be no spaces and/or special characters in the Name path.

Thanks for your help.

Benji
4-Participant
(To:NM_10551680)

Hello, I have the same problem.
I have tried several Creo versions (7 to 10), but it is always the same as the other two have described.
Is there already a solution here?
Thanks in advance

Top Tags